ROBOTICS COMPETITION - 2021
- The robot should be as per the specifications given by Robotic Schools.
- Each team can have a maximum of two members. Students from different institutes can form a team.
- Students between ages 5-18 are eligible to participate. Students under age 10 will be grouped under the “Junior” category. Students under 18 will be competing in the “Young” category
- The robot should not damage the arena.
- The robot must not leave behind any of its parts during the run; else it will result in disqualification.
- The robot must be handled by the students only during the competition. External assistance will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Each team will be allowed up to 3 restarts.
- This edition of the Robo Race will be held in a completely virtual mode.
- Readymade robots are not allowed. The final decision rests with Robotic Schools.
- Starter kits can be purchased from Robotic Schools at nominal prices.
- Beginners can get training for building robots from Robotic Schools
- Unethical behaviour could lead to disqualification. Robotic Schools will have all the rights to take the final decision for any matter during the event.
- Teams will be judged on tasks completed, aesthetics and vlogging. The judge’s decision will be considered final.
- Certificates of Participation will be given to all the teams that will participate in the event.
- Technical rules and detailed instructions would be given by Robotic Schools after registration.
In this Robotics Competition, you need to complete the two challenges – Obstacle Avoiding and Line following.
Obstacle Avoiding : Your Robot must be moving inside the square box for 90 sec without touching the walls ( will update dimensions soon ). Robot must be running with Arduino microcontroller and ultrasonic sensor in this challenge.
Line Following : Robot needs to complete the line track within 5 min. and it should be follow throughout the track. Robot must be running with Arduino microcontroller and max. of 2 IR Sensors in this challenge. Line track will update soon!
E - Gain Section
Arduino - Micro Controller
From this video, you can learn – what actually Arduino is ? and what it will supposed to do?
Arduino is a programmable electronic board which can use in simple Robotics Projects. Using Arduino we can read and write the data from sensors ( In our competition we are getting and sending the data from IR sensor and Ultrasonic sensor ) easily.
For more information and technical things about Arduino. Visit this official Arduino website
Infrared ( IR ) Sensor
Infrared Sensors can emit and detect infrared radiation. In Line follower Robot, IR sensors are used to detect the black line.
How IR sensors detecting Black line in Line Follower Robot ?
Mostly in Line follower Robot challenges we use Black color line to detect easily because black is said to be perfect absorber and white is to be said perfect reflector. The reflection will be different for different colors. That’s why IR Sensors are using in Line follower Robots.
Ultrasonic Sensors are best for measure the distance of short range objects. For working and uses of ultrasonic sonic sensor check this video.
What is the max. distance can calculate using Ultrasonic Sensor?
Upto 200 cm, we can measure using ultrasonic sensor.
In Obstacle avoiding robot, ultrasonic sensor is used to measure the distance of the robot from objects in front of it. If the robot is reached specified restricted distance from the object, it stops and move to another direction. We need to specify the stopping distance in Program itself.